This past June we celebrated my youngest's third birthday and I am always striving to find the next best venue to host birthday parties for my own sanity..as well as the safety of my home ;) I mean, sometimes I only want to focus on the cake and my little ones.
With having two boys, I now have 15 birthday parties under my belt and have decided to compile a list of our favorite birthday party venues for your future consideration. My favorite venues are the ones where you show up, enjoy your child's party and then go home. No great deal of planning, no entertaining all the little ones running around and best of all, no cleaning. So take a look at our top ten venue's to hold your next party.
1. Good Zoo at Oglebay. This is where we just had my youngest son's third birthday in June and it was a blast! Not only did the children get to experience a few zoo animals in the party room, they also took a fun train ride through parts of the zoo. My favorite part about this venue would have to be the inclusions. The set up and clean up are both included as well as zoo admission for your guests to enjoy before and after the party. You also get the party room for 2 hours, paper goods, and the best part would be the educator to lead activities and take care of all your party needs. Even the cupcakes are included. The Good Zoo really is one stop party venue!
2. Iceoplex at Southpointe. This is a great option for older children. Choose between the ice rink or the green turf and allow your guests to get involved in ice skating or maybe a game of kick ball. A party room is included and the option to add food from BLVD is available.
3. Lilliput Play Homes. Another indoor option for those winter months! From a doctor's office to an icecream shoppe, this venue offers fun, play houses for every child to enjoy. And better yet, everything is included but the cake!! This venue is especially wonderful for those who enjoy using their imaginations and dressing up.
4. Local Park. You can never go wrong with a birthday party at the park! Rent a pavilion and then let the children play their little hearts out! My two most favorite parks would have to be North Strabane and Dormont Park!
5. Meadows Lanes Bowling. The great thing about the lanes here is that you can choose to have a private party room with your own lanes, or go grab two lanes and hold a last minute party.
6. PA Trolley Museum. This may be one of my favorite birthday venues as we held my second's first birthday here and it was a big hit! A party room is included as well as a ride on a fantastic trolley! They make the event even more special with birthday signs as you enter and on the trolley itself! You will need to bring supplies. Please note that the museum is only available during spring and summer months. Feel free to check out Eli's First Birthday at the Trolley HERE. Thank You again for the video footage Jeromy Dinsmore.
7. Planet Bounce. This a great indoor location for those with cold month birthday's! This venue offers a party rooms as well as the play room full of inflatable bounce houses, slides and obstacle course. A waiver will need to be completed for each guest!
8. Sarris Public Library. Pick a theme offered by the library and allow the assigned library staff to lead your party in activities such as games and crafts. Your birthday child will even receive a birthday gift from the library! You will need to provide all party supplies.
9. The Little Gym of Pittsburgh-South Hills. Here you can give your birthday one full use of the Little Gym with instructor lead activities that really are custom to him/her. I remember last year we were going with a letters and numbers theme and they were happy to fit the activities to include that area of the theme. A great perk to this location is that there is no worry to set up or clean up! Can you tell I am all about NOT cleaning up?
10. Wilfred R. Cameron Wellness Center. Here you will get to decide between a pool party or a gym party as well as adding options for the climbing wall. A room is included for all your party needs, but you will be responsible to provide them. We have held both a pool and a gym party and they both offer great activities for the children. Waivers will need to be completed.
There you have it, our favorite birthday party venues from Canonsburg, PA to Wheeling, WV. You really cannot go wrong as each of these venues will not only keep your guests entertained but they will keep your home clean ;)
What are your favorite birthday party spots? I would love to hear from you!